Quotes are all over the internet and you can find a quote for literally anything. When it comes to anxiety, it’s easy to see anxiety quotes or motivational messages as diminishing or something ”easier said than done”.
However, words do have power, whether we feel it consciously or unconsciously, it’s still there. Personally, there have been times when I read something, either a long message or a very short sentence, and it really improved my mood and thoughts.
It made me feel more powerful and reminded me that I could actually take control of my mind and thoughts and not letting them push me down. Sometimes, when we might think that nothing can help us or we don’t need any help, a few simple yet powerful words can really change our perspective and way of thinking.
While scrolling on Instagram, the social comparison is always ready to take over my mind and make it go through a rollercoaster of self-limiting thoughts and negative voices. It’s often hard and painful having to deal with them because they really know how to get me.
Oftentimes, though, I stumble across some messages or words of wisdom from profiles I love dearly. They can either be from Bianca Sparacino, Morgan Harper Nichols, We The Urban, Charlotte Freeman or others. The point is that most of them hit my soul very deeply and help me see the situation and what’s going on in my mind in a different light.
For sure, they don’t magically stop the process and make it disappear, but they do help with providing me with more clarity and focus.
This is one of the goals I’d like this post about the best 50 anxiety help quotes to gift you. I hope that some of the words and messages contained in it can help you see what’s going on in your mind with more clarity and remind you that everything is gonna be alright, that you are loved, beautiful and capable of achieving your highest dreams.
As a disclaimer, besides one of them, I’m not the author of the other quotes in this post. Unless I don’t know who the author is, I’ll always write the name of him/her and link their page next to the quotes I have info about.
The best 50 anxiety help quotes
1. If you get tired learn to rest, not to quit. Banksy
2. In this new year, I hope you live louder. I hope you laugh more. I hope you sing at the top of your lungs. I hope you drive with the windows down and let the wind rustle through your hair. I hope you hug. I hope you kiss. I hope you surround yourself with people who make you feel alive. I hope you become the type of person that brings good energy wherever you go, and the type of person people want to be around. I hope you speak what’s on your mind, that you raise your voice for injustice, that you tell others that you love them, instead of waiting until it’s too late. I hope you live louder, shine brighter. This is your year.
3. What a wonderful thought is that some of the best days in our lives haven’t even happened yet. Anne Frank
4. Dear Future, I am ready.
5. A little progress each days adds up to big results.
6. I’m thankful for every day I wake up.
7. Note to self: I’m going to make you so proud.
8. Cry, it’s not about letting it go, it’s about letting it out.
9. At the end of the day, tell yourself gently: “I love you. You did the best you could today, and even if you didn’t accomplish all you had planned, I love you anyway”.
10. Be proud of how you’ve been handling these past months. The silent battles you fought, the moments you had to humble yourself, wiped your own tears and pat yourself on the back. Celebrate your strength.
11. Remember to treat yourself kindly when your emotions are beating up your brain.
12. You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress simultaneously. Sophia Bush
13. Don’t believe everything you think.
14. Everything will be so good so soon just hang in there and don’t worry about it too much. Morgan Harper Nichols
15. Never regret anything that made you smile. Mark Twain
16. Chant for Peace of Mind:
Worries be gone I need you no more.
Worries be gone out the front door.
Stresses and Strains, worries and strife leave now, depart and be gone from my life!
17. Anxiety happens when you think you have to figure out everything all at once. Breathe. You are strong. You got this. Take it day by day. Karen Salmansohn
18. Your anxiety is lying to you. You are loved and going to be okay.
19. To that one soul reading this, I know you are tired, you are fed up, you are so close to breaking but there’s strength within you even when you feel weak. Keep fighting.
20. I am worthy of love, capable of great things, allowed to express myself, able to attend to my needs, fine just the way I am, not a burden.
21. You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. Jon Kabat-Zinn
22. What if everything you are going through is preparing you for what you asked for?
23. I breathe in confidence and I exhale fear.
24. This too shall pass and I can stand this.
25. This is only temporary.
26. It always seems impossible until it’s done.
27. Don’t ruin a good today by thinking about a bad yesterday. Let it go.
28. Your potential is endless.
29. Smile. Breathe. Laugh.
30. That dream was planted in your heart for a reason.
31. My wish for you:
There will be times that are tougher than others, where you feel like completely giving up. Times where you worry that the life you’ve worked so hard for isn’t the life for you after all. My only wish for you is that you don’t give upon matter how tough it gets, that you believe in your purpose and what you set out to do. That you believe in your passion and know that you are worthy of the life you desire. That you believe that you are incredibly talented at what you do. My wish for you is that you never let the outside noise stray you from your true path. My dear, that is my only wish for you, no matter how tough it gets. Charlotte Freeman
Speaking of life, there will be times when it will feel challenging, scary and totally unexpected. Full of events we didn’t think about that might disbalance us. However, that’s part of this beautiful yet journey we are all experiencing. If you want to read something more about it, feel free to read my post Life is unexpected and that’s beautiful.
32. It is absolutely okay if your energy levels are not where they were yesterday. You are allowed to change. Morgan Harper Nichols
33. Stop measuring days by degree of productivity and start experiencing them by the degree of presence. Alan Watts
34. Remember that there’s nothing that’s “too good” for you.
35. Simply, you.
Stop worrying about what other people think of you and focus on yourself instead. Focus on what makes you happy, focus on what makes your soul feel at peace. You are your biggest commitment, so start loving your flaws, your awkwardness, your weirdness, your intensity, and your vulnerability. Life becomes so much more fulfilling when you are simply yourself. The world keeps spinning whether people understand you or not, so why not make this next trip around the sun about you? Charlotte Freeman
36. Your opinions matter. Your ideas matter. Your feelings matter.
37. Sorry, I’m busy.
Busy not checking emails, busy reading books I never started or finished this year, busy for being grateful for having loved ones close, busy sleeping and resting my eyes from screen time, busy drinking spicy margaritas, busy getting salty skin, busy reflecting on the year gone, busy not being productive, busy slowing down. Studio Jasmine
38. Stop living life like it’s a race you are supposed to win. Life isn’t a race. It can’t be because a race requires everyone to run the same course. You are on your own path. Where you are headed, what route you take, and when you get there is unique to you. No one is winning. No one is ahead. Being “behind” doesn’t exist. Because no one is going in the same direction that you re meant to go. Mel Robbins
39. Destroy the idea that you have to be constantly working or grinding in order to be successful. Embrace the concept that rest, recovery and reflection are essential parts of the progress towards a successful and happy life. Quotes by Christie
40. For what it’s worth…it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit. Start whenever you want. You can change or stay the same. There are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you’ve never felt before. I hope you meet people who have a different point of view. I hope you live a life you are proud of, and if you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again. Eric Roth
41. Tomorrow is a brand new day and I’m ready for new possibilities.
42. You’re going to realise it one day—that happiness was never about your job or your degree or being in a relationship. Happiness was never about following in the footsteps of all of those who came before you; it was never about being like the others. One day, you’re going to see it—that happiness was always about the discovery, the hope, the listening to your heart and following it wherever it chose to go. Happiness was always about being kinder to yourself; it was always about embracing the person you were becoming. One day, you will understand that happiness was always about learning how to live with yourself, that your happiness was never in the hands of others. It was always about you. It was always about you. Bianca Sparacino
43. But, one day, the sun will rise and the invisible masterpiece we’ve been creating will shine and appear. With its strengths and imperfections that make it unique and beautiful. Unsure Traveller
44. I give myself permission to take chances and make mistakes.
45. I let go of all the feelings of stress, worries, and insecurities and open myself to receive new perspectives for my challenges.
46. I guess I’m trying to figure out where I belong. I’m trying to come to terms with my place in the world. You see, sometimes I know exactly what I’m here to do. Sometimes, I wake up in the morning and my eyes are fierce with the light that I wish to spread to the lives of people everywhere. But sometimes, those long dreary days when the sky is grey and the sunlight dim, I lose track of what I’m doing. I forget my purpose and my goals, and I just want to curl up under a rock. I just want to forget everything and everyone for a while and tuck away into the tenderness of my heart. We’re all on a journey. We’re trying to unravel the meaning of life while staying open to new possibilities with each new day. We’re making small attempts to welcome our growth and learning experience, but sometimes we’re still lost. Sometimes, we worry whether we will ever know what we’re here to do. Sometimes, we search frantically in the eyes and arms of others for a sense of meaning that we can’t find within the folds of our own souls. I guess what I’m trying to say is that life is a gentle but raw journey, and sometimes, the struggle is real. But sometimes, it all makes sense and we realise that we will get where we’re supposed to be eventually — because that is the only way we can truly grow and heal. Ruby Dhal
47. if you’re still going over what you should’ve said, and still blaming yourself and kicking yourself for the thing you did say, then you are not having the conversation you should be having with yourself. This is how the first few words of it go:
“I forgive you. I forgive you for being human. I forgive you for needing help. I forgive you for not always being 100%. I forgive you for not being perfect at your job and for not being further than you wanted to be. I forgive you for feeling insecure about whether or not you ever “make it” – and even if you don’t, even if your entire life is one big colossal failure, I forgive you for that. I forgive you. I forgive you. I forgive you.”
And now you can say, “I love you.”
Iain s. Thomas
48. “If you’re feeling it, then go for it all the way. If you’re not feeling it, then give it what you can. I think the only thing that’s required of you is to be present, and sometimes that means that you might be a bit angry, or it might be a bit intense. And other times, it might be really mellow. Sometimes it’s hard to know what exactly is required of you, so you have to just go with what you’re feeling. And that’s something I’m kind of learning more and more.” Glen Hansard
49. “Nobody will stop you from creating. Do it tonight. Do it tomorrow. That is the way to make your soul grow… The kick of creation is the act of creating, not anything that happens afterwards. I would tell all of you watching this screen: Before you go to bed, write a four-line poem. Make it as good as you can. Don’t show it to anybody. Put it where nobody will find it. And you will discover that you have your reward.” Kurt Vonnegut
We have now reached the number 50 of this post on the best 50 anxiety help quotes. This more than a quote is a long message written by Bianca Sparacino (I’m totally in love with her words). It’s a bit long but it’s just so beautiful, powerful, thoughtful and meaningful. I have it on my phone and read it pretty often.
50. Promise to let go of almosts. Please, just promise yourself to let go of the people who leave your heart confused. Let go of the people who make you feel like you are compromising all that you desire, and all that you hope for, and all of the goodness and the beauty that you know exists in this world, for a malnourished version of love, for a skinny version of love. Let go of falling in love with potential, let go of falling in love with the idea of someone rather than who they truly are. Let go of the fears you have that keep you holding on to something that hurts, something that is so heavy, something that has only left you feeling misunderstood, or unworthy, or at war with yourself.
Let go of waiting for the people you have always treated kindly, to treat you kindly. Let go of waiting for the people you have always treated with respect, to treat you with respect. Let go of waiting for the people you have always chosen, to finally choose you. Let go of waiting. Let go of holding your breath, just hoping that things change.
Let go. Don’t allow yourself to get comfortable existing in spaces where you know you deserve better. Love is not meant to hurt. Love is not meant to be given in bare minimums. Love does not require for you to be cooler, or less emotional, or less yourself, for you to be worthy of it meeting you. Love chooses you. In the good, and the bad. It isn’t an almost thing. It isn’t something you have to beg for. It isn’t something you have to fight for constantly, something that is always a source of pain and confusion and hurt. There is power in letting go of anything that is forcing you to let go of yourself. Don’t ignore what you know in your heart.
Remember — it is better to be alone, than to feel lonely in what you’re settling for. It is better to be alone, than to try to fit your heart into the hands of someone who does not want to hold it. It is better to be alone, than to fight for someone who is not fighting for you. It is better to be alone, to be your own foundation, than to spend any more of your time waiting for someone to see the beauty in what you are giving them. You deserve good love. Promise you will let go of anything that does not feel that way, this year. Promise to stand up for your heart.
Promise to treat yourself like a friend. You care about so many human beings as if it were the deepest extension of yourself. You want the people in your life to experience all of the beauty it has to offer. You want to remind them of their worth every single day. You want to protect them from anything that could hurt them, you want to encourage them to walk away from the things that ask them to settle for less than what they are deserving of. You encourage them when they doubt themselves, you remind them of their unique potential, you speak so much love into them on their hardest days. This year — promise to do the same things for yourself.
Ask yourself — would you talk to someone you loved the way you talk to yourself? Would you allow for someone you loved to be treated the way you allow yourself to be treated? Would you let someone you loved, someone you saw so much potential and beauty in, give so much of their energy, their time, and their heart, to those who did not value it? Would you let someone you loved vilify themselves for their mistakes, for their pasts, for the person they had to be in order to survive or to heal?
You wouldn’t. You are constantly defending the people you love, protecting them, reminding them that they are good enough, that they are worthy, and you do this because that is what you do for the people you care about. Love yourself enough to be that for yourself, too. Promise yourself that, even if it is hard at first, you will work towards that kind of self-compassion. When you feel self-doubt creep in, when you start to tell yourself that you aren’t good enough, when you stay in situations that hurt just to make someone else comfortable, or just to not be alone, when you know you deserve more but you can’t push yourself to stand up for that — remind yourself to treat yourself like a friend. Work towards being kinder to yourself within the doubt, work towards fostering compassion for yourself in a difficult situation, work towards giving yourself the same empathy you give to everyone around you. Meet yourself with kindness as best as you can. You are your own home. Make it a beautiful place to be.
Promise to believe that you are worthy of everything you want in life. And I know that isn’t easy, because we have all have been weathered by this world in ways that have caused us to doubt what we deserve.
And I am sorry for that. I am sorry that you had to go through certain losses that carved into your lessons you were too young to learn, or lessons that were heavy to carry within yourself. I am sorry that somewhere along your journey, society convinced you that you were not beautiful, that you had to be smaller, that you had to want less, or settle for things outside of what you always dared to hope for. I am sorry that at times the world made you feel like you did not deserve to hold space within it, that you did not deserve to be here, or to be loved, or to be the kind of person who achieves great and beautiful things. I am sorry that you had to endure things at the hands of love that made you stop believing in its goodness.
And I know that sometimes because of all that you have been through, you doubt the part of yourself that knows there is more out there for you. But you have to believe in it. You have to have the courage to believe in the things you have yet to feel. You have to have the courage to believe that you are capable, that you are strong, that you are worthy, no matter what the world tries to tell you. You have to have the courage to believe that nothing is too good for you, that nothing is out of reach, that nothing you want in this life exists within impossibility if you’re willing to leap towards it. You have to have the courage to crush every ounce of your hope into this world, outside of your past, outside of the opinions of others.
Nothing is ever too good to be true for you. The things you want, the life you want to live, the people you hope to love, the way you want your life to feel — it’s possible for you. It’s possible. Don’t convince yourself that it’s just not in the cards for a person like you. Promise yourself to believe that you are worthy. Each and every single day, and especially on the days the world tries to weather you into believing otherwise. Hold fast in your hope. Believe in impossibility. You are worthy of all that is kind, and good, and awe-inspiring in this world. You are worthy.
I hope that this post on the best 50 anxiety help quotes and the quotes in it can help you whenever life, mind, negative voices or just a no day try to take you down. Feel free to share your own favourite quotes or even what you do when anxiety kicks in.
Besides all these powerful and beautiful messages, techniques like meditation, walking around nature, yoga or other kinds of sport can really be beneficial for alleviating anxiety or stress. If you are new to meditation and don’t know where or how to start, have a look at Three meditation apps to ease your mind, where I talk about my favourite meditation apps to help you start with it.
Moreover, if you’d like to build a routine around meditation, yoga or anything you might like but are afraid of committing it, I can totally understand you. That’s why I wrote How to build routines in a healthy and steady way which is a diary post where I’m sharing with you the routine building process I’m following in 2021 without letting anxiety or stress stop me from doing so along with the routines I’m choosing to build every month.